Vegan Organic Tipsy Banana & Chocolate Nibs Oatmeal Cups
Magna Mater Sunday Lab presents its amazing Tipsy Banana & Chocolate Nibs Oatmeal Cups. Vegan and organic. They belong to the muffin family but the texture is a bit heavier and moisty. If you are after a kick of energy in 10 small bites (or 2 lion’s mouthfuls), you are in the right place. They are a delicious quick fix to that time at work around 4pm when a lot has already been done but the end is still too far :)
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Author: Daniele [The Secret Ingredients are Olivocracy organic extra virgin olive oil #THREE https://www.olivocracy.co.uk/products/olivocracy-three-mild-organic-extra-virgin-olive-oil-italian and Love]
- 3 cups rolled oats (choose certified gluten free oats if on a gluten-free diet)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/6 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds (egg substitute for 2 large eggs)
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 mashed bananas
- 12 dates (we like it not-too-much-sweet, but if you are after the comfort effect of sweetness, increase the number)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat-milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons of melted peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup Olivocracy #THREE
- Add 25/50ml of a spirit of your taste (I added 50ml of 3 years Rum)
- 1 cup raw chocolate nibs
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Mix the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Eggs replacement: put the 3 tablespoons of chia seeds in a small bowl and add 9 tablespoons of water, leave for 10/15 minutes in the fridge to set. When ready whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the mixture is compact and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, coconut oil, peanut butter, the spirit and Olivocracy #THREE
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until all the oats are soaked and have softened.
- It is time now to add the chocolate nibs.
- Grease a muffin pan with some olive oil (or use a silicone tray) then fill up the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon until the oats disappear.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
Enjoy with some homemade chocolate (recipe to come, stay tuned), a date or some nuts at your taste)